As part of the Government's £150 million per year funding, we have received money to spend on physical education and school sport.
The desired outcomes for this money are:
1. Improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
2. Increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
3. Extensive range of activities available for extra-curricular opportunities
Here at St. John Fisher, we plan to use a portion the funding to employ a Sports Coordinator (0.5 day/week) who will work collaboratively with Mr Plant and PE Coordinators across five local schools to:
1. Increase participation and success in competitive school sports and a variety of fun physical activities
2. Create awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other health related issues
3. Compliment and enhance current PE and sport provision to ensure they are at the heart of school life to raise achievement
Sarah Lay has been employed as our Cluster Sports Coordinator. She is a qualified physical education teacher with 15 years teaching experience. Sarah has an extensive school leadership background and has been heavily involved in playing and coaching in a variety of sports. In addition to her Sports Coordinator role, she is also working with Newman University lecturing and mentoring student undertaking teacher training.