St John Fisher School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care. Our school will support all children by:
• Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
• Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
• Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse. At St John Fisher school in order to protect our children, we aim to:
• Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
• Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
• Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must contact the following staff member as quickly as possible.
DSL name: Mrs L Rogers
If this person is not available, please contact
Deputy DSL name: Miss R Musto or Miss L Hickey
Head: Mrs A Murphy
Everyone working with our children their parents and carers should be aware that:
• Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse.
• They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
• They should involve the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) immediately
• If the DSL is not available the Head or the Deputy DSL should be contacted.
• Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
If anything worries you or concerns you, report it straight away.