The parish of St. John Fisher, West Heath was founded on 30th September 1956. The first parish priest, Fr. Philip Smith, celebrated Mass at Turves Green School and later at Archbishop Masterson School for Girls. Work on the new church building commenced on 5th March 1962. The foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Grimshaw on 25th June that year. The church was opened on 31st March 1964 and consecrated by Archbishop Dwyer on 22nd June 1972, the feast of St. John Fisher.
The church serves as a focal point for Catholic families in West Heath area. The doors are open to all, whether it be just to look around this beautiful building with its four stained glass windows depicting Our Lord as Good Shepherd, Teacher, King and Redeemer, or to escape the hurly-burly of the outside world to spend a few moments in quite thought before the Blessed Sacrament.
For additional information please visit the Archdiocese of Birmingham website:
Contact details for our Parish Priest, Fr Srinu, are as follows...
Tel. 0121 453 3452
Mass times can be found in the Parish newsletter below...